05/05/21 - 05/26/21 'Clay in May'
Art Centric Studio re-structuring our Portfolio Program to including 4th, 5th, & 6th grade students desiring to grow in their knowledge of art. Each month will be themed and we will typically complete one or two projects depending on the length of the month and the students progress.
For students wishing to build a portfolio for Harrison School of the Arts, this class will work well for them! We will continue to offer a month of portraits, a month of bicycles, and a month of composition and imagination each school year.
If you students has been attending our Tuesday/Thursday programs and fit into this program, we encourage them to move up to this program!
For the month of May, your student will be learning to sculpt with clay! We will be tackling basic vocabulary, and three types of sculpting. On the fourth week, they will paint their sculptures and get to take them home.
*Your student does not need to be audtitioning for Harrison to enter this class. Just have a desire to strentghen their creative skills*
The size of this class will be kept small at 6-12 students, allowing more one-on-one tutoring and mentoring.
Ages for this group are 9-12yrs.
Here's the details for May:
Theme: 'Clay in May'
Day of the Week: Wednesdays
Dates: 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th
Cost: $115.00 includes all supplies for projects, aprons, and sketchbook with optional daily drawing practice at home *Price adjustment to cover clay
Your Instructor will be: Becky Yohe
**When you reserve your student's seat, please be sure to put their name and grade level so the teacher can plan accordingly! Thank You!**
- Check-in & check-out will be outside our front entrance to limit the number of people in the studio.
- Children will have their temperature taken and asked to wear a mask upon entrance and during project time(s).
- Students will have assigned seating and seats have been spaced to offer social distancing.
- Teachers/Volunteers will wear masks when appropriate.
- All tables and activities will be through cleaned and sanitized throughout the event.